Home / Billing Adjustments for Irrigation Systems

Getting a Meter installed on your irrigation System

If you have an irrigation system, the District will make adjustments based on water usage on an approved water meter installed on the irrigation line.

To be eligible for this adjustment, the customer needs to do the following:

  1. Purchase a water meter from the District as of 2021 this is a requirement,
  2. Owner is responsible for installing the meter, obtaining required plumbing permits from the Town of Kennebunk and installing the meter.
  3. The owner needs to make sure that that the meter is only measuring water used by the irrigation meter,
  4. Install the meter in a location that it can be easily read and can be photographed, and
  5. Arrange for a District representative to do a final inspection.

Start by downloading the application, filling it out, and emailing it to privatemeter@ksdistrict.org.

Irrigation Meter Application

Getting the information to the District for an abatement

The District requires that you take a picture of the meter and serial number for the meter in the fall after the watering season has ended. The customer will need to email that picture to the District at privatemeter@ksdistrict.org.